Schwanke-Kasten Jewelers, locally owned and operated since 1899, offers fine and fashionable jewelry, distinct and collectible watches, and special gifts for any occasion.
Along with our professionally trained sales team, Schwanke-Kasten also provides:
What is a Watch Movement Service?
This is a service for automatic watches, which is usually needed every 7-10 years. The service itself is typically conducted by our certified onsite watchmaker where he completely disassembles your watch movement; thoroughly cleans and inspects all the parts; then reassembles the movement and lubricates the jewels and gears with specialized oils and greases. After it's reassembled, he then runs a series of test for accuracy and water resistance (if applicable), and finally completes the service by refinishing and polishing the casing (and bracelet) of your watch.
- Appraisals with onsite Gemologists for the jewelry purchased with us
- Free gift wrap on all items sold through our stores and online
- Jewelry Repairs & Designs with our onsite Goldsmith
- Wishlist Service, in-store and online
- Watch Repairs & Movement Service* on the brands we sell
The video clip below is from a Channel 6 Interview conducted on 2-13-15 with President & Owner, Tom Dixon, who explains our services of jewelry repair, engraving, and watch repair: